Where is Wales on Wikipedia?

I’m hoping to walk up Garth Hill – I like the film “The Englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain” – and yes, I know it’s not true.  However, here’s a map from Wikipedia.  Can you spot the error?  Shome mistake, surely?

Map of Garth Hill

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Where is Wales on Wikipedia?

1. theagingfanboy says:

I hadn’t thought of editing it, to tell the truth. It’s more fun to just laugh at it! It’ll be a great teaching aid for those who seem to think that wikipedia is always accurate….

2. Sue Burnett says:

True – that’s a good way to make the point about Wikipedia. It’s a great resource, and a useful starting point, but authoritative? Hmmmm…

3. Sue Burnett says:

And do you remember, a few years ago, when the EU forgot about Wales altogether? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3715512.stm

4. theagingfanboy says:

I do remember seeing a biographical note about an author on a book dust jacket, and it said he lived in “Souoth Wales, England”. Issac Asimov once wrote that it was almost impossible to explain to someone who wasn’t British the difference between England, Great Britain, The United Kingdom and The British Isles.